In this post, we will reveal and explain the Top 20 Benefits for Veterans with a 50 VA Disability Rating.
We’ve also compiled a complete list of VA benefits available for disabled veterans with a 50 percent VA rating.
In our experience at VA Claims Insider, many disabled veterans with 50 VA disability are stuck, frustrated, and underrated, meaning you do NOT currently have the VA disability compensation benefits you deserve by law.
This means you could be missing out on thousands of dollars of VA disability benefits for you, your spouse, and your dependents.
Okay, let’s jump right in and explore the 50% VA disability benefits in detail!
- 50 VA Disability Pay Rate in 2021
- What were the 50 VA Disability Pay Rates in 2021?
- List of Top 20 VA Benefits for Veterans 50 Disabled
- 2022 VA Disability Rates for Conditions – 50 VA disability Pay
- List of VA Disability Benefits for Veterans
- How to Increase My VA Disability Rating from 50 to 100
- About The Author
50 VA Disability Pay Rate in 2021
In 2020, a 50 percent VA disability rating is worth a minimum of $893.43 per month and is tax free at both the state and federal levels.
Many veterans with an 50% VA rating are looking for ways to increase their VA rating because of the additional benefits available at the 100% VA rating.
The 50 VA disability rating is also a tipping point for retired military members because it’s the minimum VA rating required to receive concurrent military retired pay and VA disability pay.
According to VBA data reported to congress, 6.3% of disabled veterans or 297,779 out of 4,743,108 currently have a 50 percent VA disability rating.
A 2021 50 VA disability pay chart is shown here for quick reference:
What were the 50 VA Disability Pay Rates in 2021?
Here are 2022 compensation rates for VA disability for comparison.
|50 VA Disability Pay Rates 2021 (Without Children)|
|What is 50 VA disability pay for 2021?||50% VA Pay|
|Veteran with Spouse Only||$990.57|
|Veteran with Spouse and One Parent||$1,060.42|
|Veteran with Spouse and Two Parents||$1,130.27|
|Veteran with One Parent||$973.11|
|Veteran with Two Parents||$1,042.96|
|Additional for Aid and Attendance||$80.12|
|50 VA Disability Pay Rates 2021 (With Children)|
|What is 50 VA disability pay in 2021?||50% VA Pay|
|Veteran with Spouse and Child||$1,054.25|
|Veteran with Child Only||$1,055.25|
|Veteran with Spouse, One Parent and Child||$1,124.10|
|Veteran with Spouse, Two Parents and Child||$1,193.95|
|Veteran with One Parent and Child||$1,030.62|
|Veteran with Two Parents and Child||$1,100.47|
|Add for Each Additional Child Under 18||$43.14|
|Each Additional Schoolchild Over 18||$139.70|
|Additional for Aid and Attendance||$80.12|
List of Top 20 VA Benefits for Veterans 50 Disabled
- #1: 50 VA Disability Compensation Pay
- #2: VA Special Monthly Compensation Benefits
- #3: Veterans Benefits Banking Program (VBBP)
- #4: No cost health care and prescription medications
- #5: Travel allowance for scheduled appointments at a VA medical facility or VA authorized health care facility
- #6: Disabled Veterans Property Tax Exemptions (state specific requirements apply)
- #7: Waiver of VA funding fee for home loan
- #8: Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment
- #9: Additional compensation for eligible dependents
- #10: Concurrent receipt of military retired pay
- #11: VA TDIU or “Total Disability Individual Unemployability” Benefits
- #12: Dependents Educational Assistance
- #13: Up to $5,000 Per Year Folds of Honor Educational Scholarships for Eligible Dependents of Disabled Veterans
- #14: Special restorative training
- #15: CHAMPVA Medical Insurance (if unemployable disability condition is permanent)
- #16: Dental care (if unemployable)
- #17: Burial and plot allowance
- #18: Use of commissaries, exchanges, and morale, welfare and recreation (MWR) retail facilities
- #19: 10-point Veteran preference in federal hiring
- #20: Direct hire authority
2022 VA Disability Rates for Conditions – 50 VA disability Pay
We have also built a VA disability rates for conditions expert-level guide that will assist veterans who currently have a 50 VA disability rating.
This guide will also help you at both lower and higher VA ratings, and explains VA disability rates for conditions in 2022.
List of VA Disability Benefits for Veterans
- 50 VA Disability Benefits: >> 50 VA Disability Benefits Explained <<
- Click HERE to read about the Automatic 50 VA Disability Rating for PTSD
- 70 VA Disability Benefits: >> Top VA Benefits for Veterans with 70 VA Disability <<
- 80 VA Disability Benefits: >> Top 20 VA Benefits for Veterans with 80 VA Disability <<
- 90 VA Disability Benefits: >> 90 VA Disability Benefits Revealed and Explained <<
How to Increase My VA Disability Rating from 50 to 100
- Tip #1: Use MyHealtheVet to Get Your Current Disability Symptoms Documented in VA Medical Records
- Tip #2: Go for High-Value VA Disability Claims (e.g., Mental Health, Lifestyle Impact Claim, Migraines, Sleep Apnea)
- Tip #3: Have a Private Provider Complete DBQs for Conditions Already Service Connected
- Tip #4: File for Secondary Service Connection with Medical Nexus Letters
- Tip #5: Write a crafted personal statement (Please note we no longer recommend a buddy letter)
- Tip #6: Prepare to Nail and Win Your Compensation and Pension (C&P) Exam
- Tip #7: Go for Total Disability Individual Unemployability (TDIU) with 50 VA disability
You Served You Deserve!
And we’ve got your six! Become an Elite Member and talk with one of our Veteran Coaches to begin your journey to a higher rating!
About The Author
Founder & CEO
Brian Reese is a VA benefits expert, author of the #1 Amazon Bestseller You Deserve It: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Veteran Benefits You’ve Earned, and founder of VA Claims Insider – “The Most Trusted Name in Education-Based Resources for Veterans.”
His frustration with the 8-step VA disability claims process led him to create “VA Claims Insider,” which provides U.S. military veterans with tips, strategies, and lessons learned for successfully submitting or re-submitting a winning VA disability compensation claim.
Brian is also the CEO of Military Disability Made Easy, which is the world’s largest free searchable database for all things related to DoD disability and VA disability claims and has served more than 4,600,000 military members and veterans since its founding in 2013.
His eBook, the “9 Secrets Strategies for Winning Your VA Disability Claim” has been downloaded more than 300,000 times in the past three years and is the #1 rated free VA disability claims guide for veterans.
He is a former active duty Air Force officer with extensive experience leading hundreds of individuals and multi-functional teams in challenging international environments, including a combat tour to Afghanistan in 2011 supporting Operation ENDURING FREEDOM.
Brian is a Distinguished Graduate of Management from the United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO and he holds an MBA from Oklahoma State University’s Spears School of Business, Stillwater, OK, where he was a National Honor Scholar (Top 1% of Graduate School class).