Today, Brian Reese the VA Claims Insider will reveal and explain how to get a 100 disability from the VA.
There are 3 ways to get a 100% VA disability rating:
- If your combined VA disability rating is equal to or greater than 95.00, the VA will round it up to 100 percent. Click HERE to quickly calculate your combined VA rating.
- If one or more individual VA disability ratings are rated at 100%, your combined VA rating will automatically be 100%.
- If you qualify for a 100% extra scheduler VA rating, which is also known as TDIU or individual unemployability.
How Do I Get 100 VA Disability? 3 Paths Explained!
To get a 100 VA disability from the VA, you’ll need to submit medical evidence that shows you have the most severe symptoms in the rating schedule to include negative impacts to your work, life, and social functioning.
The 3 paths to get a 100% VA rating are:
- Path #1: Combined VA Rating of 95.00 or Higher. If your combined VA disability rating is equal to or greater than 95.00, the VA will round it up to 100 percent. You generally need two or three disability conditions rated at 50% or higher in the VA’s fuzzy math calculation. The best way to secure this type of 100 percent VA disability is to file for increases on disabilities that are already service connected (if and only if your symptoms have worsened and you think you deserve an increase by law).
- Path #2: Single Disability is Rated at 100%. If a single VA disability is rated at 100%, your combined VA rating will automatically be 100%. For example, if you have a 100% PTSD rating, your combined VA rating will be 100%.
- Path #3: Individual Unemployability. If you qualify for a 100% extra scheduler VA rating, which is also known as TDIU or individual unemployability. Read the requirements for VA individual unemployability HERE.
Learn How to INCREASE Your VA Disability Rating FAST!
Are you stuck, frustrated, and underrated by the VA?
Want to increase your VA disability rating?
WE CAN HELP (even if you’ve already filed, been denied, gave up, or don’t know where to start).
Click HERE to speak with an expert now for FREE (no risk, no obligation, no B.S.)
Ready to INCREASE Your VA Rating? WE CAN HELP!
- VA Claims Insider is the #1 most trusted name in VA disability claims.
- 25,000+ disabled veterans served in our membership programs since 2016.
- 30% average VA rating increase for veterans who complete our #1 rated Elite program.
- Employs 215 teammates; comprised of 74 veterans and 16 military spouses.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited with an A+ rating.
- 4.7/5.0 average rating out of 4,500+ total reviews; over 4,000 5-star reviews.
About the Author
Brian Reese is one of the top VA disability benefits experts in the world and bestselling author of You Deserve It: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Veteran Benefits You’ve Earned (Second Edition).
Brian’s frustration with the VA claim process led him to create VA Claims Insider, which provides disabled veterans with tips, strategies, and lessons learned to win their VA disability compensation claim, faster, even if they’ve already filed, been denied, gave up, or don’t know where to start.
As the founder of VA Claims Insider and CEO of Military Disability Made Easy, he has helped serve more than 10 million military members and veterans since 2013 through free online educational resources.
He is a former active duty Air Force officer with extensive experience leading hundreds of individuals and multi-functional teams in challenging international environments, including a combat tour to Afghanistan in 2011 supporting Operation ENDURING FREEDOM.
Brian is a Distinguished Graduate of Management from the United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO, and he holds an MBA from Oklahoma State University’s Spears School of Business, Stillwater, OK, where he was a National Honor Scholar (Top 1% of Graduate School class).