In this short tutorial, I’m going to show you how to check your VA claim status online at VA.gov in just a few clicks.
- WATCH NOW: How to Check VA Claim Status Online (in 5 Minutes or Less!)
- Check VA Claim Status Online Step #1: Go to VA.gov and click “Sign In” at the top of the page.
- Check VA Claim Status Step #2: Scroll Down to the “Disability” Box
- Check My VA Claim Status Step #3: View “Check Your Claim or Appeal Status”
- VA Claim Status Process Step #4: View VA Claim Status Online
- Deserve a VA Rating Increase? We’ve Got Your Six!
- About the Author
WATCH NOW: How to Check VA Claim Status Online (in 5 Minutes or Less!)
Check VA Claim Status Online Step #1: Go to VA.gov and click “Sign In” at the top of the page.
You have three login options and can use your DS Logon, MyHealtheVet Logon, or ID.me.
Click one of the three options to complete the sign-in process to your account.
Check VA Claim Status Step #2: Scroll Down to the “Disability” Box
Next, scroll down to the “Access and Manage Your VA Benefits and Health Care” section, and then look under the “Disability” box, and click the link called “Check Your Claim or Appeal Status.”
Check My VA Claim Status Step #3: View “Check Your Claim or Appeal Status”
In this step, you’ll see a list of all open VA claims, appeals, or any other request you’ve made to the VA (along with your current VA disability claim status).
Click the “View Details” button to see the detailed status of your claim or appeal.
VA Claim Status Process Step #4: View VA Claim Status Online
In the final step, you can click “Status” to see the exact step of the VA claim process you’re in.
You can also click the “Files” tab or “Details” tab to see additional information about your claim or appeal.
Deserve a VA Rating Increase? We’ve Got Your Six!
At VA Claims Insider, we help fellow Veterans celebrate LIFE CHANGE by getting you the VA disability rating and compensation you deserve by law.
- We’re Veteran Owned and Led! FOR Veterans, BY Veterans. We’re the largest community of Veterans Helping Veterans Worldwide™
- 20,000+ disabled veterans served in our Elite Membership program since 2016 with an average VA disability rating increase of >30%
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Business
- 4.8/5.0 Google Reviews rating across 1,500+ total reviews
If you’re ready to secure the VA disability claim rating and compensation you deserve for your honorable service to our nation, simply click the button below now to start our FREE 3-step intake process (you’ll hear from a Veteran Coach (VC) within minutes).
About the Author
Brian Reese is one of the top VA disability benefits experts in the world and bestselling author of You Deserve It: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Veteran Benefits You’ve Earned (Second Edition).
Brian’s frustration with the VA claim process led him to create VA Claims Insider, which provides disabled veterans with tips, strategies, and lessons learned to win their VA disability compensation claim, faster, even if they’ve already filed, been denied, gave up, or don’t know where to start.
As the founder of VA Claims Insider and CEO of Military Disability Made Easy, he has helped serve more than 10 million military members and veterans since 2013 through free online educational resources.
He is a former active duty Air Force officer with extensive experience leading hundreds of individuals and multi-functional teams in challenging international environments, including a combat tour to Afghanistan in 2011 supporting Operation ENDURING FREEDOM.
Brian is a Distinguished Graduate of Management from the United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO, and he holds an MBA from Oklahoma State University’s Spears School of Business, Stillwater, OK, where he was a National Honor Scholar (Top 1% of Graduate School class).