As Veteran’s Day approaches, we remember the sacrifice that so many of you have made and take the time to thank you for making the sacrifice. This year, we wanted to let you know of a couple of Veteran’s Day discounts that you can look at this weekend.
Your VA Disability Rating is CRUCIAL
Why is it so important to be diligent and motivated to file your claims and get the compensation you deserve? #1 reason is that you are entitled to all the benefits our country has to offer! Your contribution sets you above other Americans, you served this country voluntarily without complaint day after day. Many of you have been injured, given the run-around, and been ignored. It is a shame we have to jump through hoops and wait years for our government entities to recognize our worth. This is the reason I decided to devote my life to providing insight, information, and help to all those that serve and have served!
Before using any of these military discounts, a couple of things to keep in mind:
A lot of places don’t publicize their discount, so ask wherever you go.
Everywhere will make you show your military ID or retiree card to prove
This isn’t an all-inclusive list, but we did include some of the biggest names we found for you.
Give Something to Those Who Gave.
Vet Tix provides tickets to events to reduce stress, strengthen family bonds, build life-long memories. They desire to encourage military families to spend time with their families and local communities. They do this by setting them up with incredible life experiences.
Vet Tix can provide tickets for sporting events, performing arts events, educational, concerts, and family activities across the US!
You must sign up online and verify service before being enrolled. Once becoming apart of the program, you will request tickets to events which interest you, pay a small delivery fee, and receive your tickets! Super simple but a great way to spend time with family.
State Benefits for Military and Disabled Vets
Did you know many states offer significant benefits to their veterans, besides VA disability? Most states also provide tax breaks, specialized license plates, free college and employment resources, hunting, and fishing licenses. There are some states which even provide their veterans with cash bonuses just for serving in the military.
Search your state VA benefits, the VA has a list compiled for easy reading. Be sure to check out their website, there may be a benefit available to you or your family that you didn’t know about!
Free Admission to parks for Active Duty, Military and Families
Parks programs across the country have plans in place to host you and your family for a free or reduced price.
Before showing up to any of these parks, call the box office to see what’s needed to qualify. If the military member is serving overseas, some benefits could still apply. As always, you will need to show a valid military id, and you may need to verify through the ID.me site.
- Through the Waves of Honor program SeaWorld allows military personnel and up to three dependents to enjoy one complimentary admission a year to SeaWorld.
- Discounts for Disney World tickets and hotel with shades of green in Orlando
- Ripley’s attractions offer 30% off for active duty or military
- Discounts for sporting events, travel, and more with GovX
- Movie theaters like Cinemark, Regal, and IMAX offer discounts for active duty and military
- Armed Forces Vacation Club allows members to travel around the world for $349. You can get a free membership here
- Car rental companies like Avis, Budget, Alamo, Dollar.com, Enterprise, and Hertz
- KOA campgrounds
- Some cruise companies
- Some resorts
- Some airlines like Delta allow free checked baggage
- Most major car companies have some sort of military discount. Contact the company to find out what you qualify for
Student Loan Discharge Application Process
A benefit in which total and permanent disability military members could be eligible for through the US Department of Education is the student loan forgiveness program.
They will be able to walk you through the process of getting the discharge application. These papers will show that you are, in fact, totally and permanently disabled and eligible for the procedure. You will either need to attach supporting documents or have your physician complete Section 4 of the application. You will then the completed form. If you have been contacted by your TPD discharge program based on information from the Social Security Administration or VA, then you are not required to provide supporting documents to show that you are P&T,
Terrell Murrell discusses the Student Loan Discharge program in depth in this Facebook live, check it out to learn what you need before moving forward with this program!
Space-A Military Travel
Space-A or Space-Available flights are authorized to service members and their families to travel around the world at little to no cost. Formally known as MAC flights, if you have a few buffer days before or after your trip, this is a great option to travel at a low price.
Most flights have a travel page that you can checkout for updated on when your flight will be leaving and allow you to book.
You may begin booking flights from as early as 60 days out. However, preference is given based on the travel category, not rank. For more tips on boarding Space-A flights, check out this website to get the most out of your travel plans.
Veteran’s Day Discounts
For Veteran’s Day, some retailers and restaurants have released their discounts for you and your family to enjoy.
- Applebees – is offering a free meal from a select menu
- Chilli’s – has a free lunch available
- 54th street – free entree up to $12
- Red Robin – complimentary dine-in offer
- Grub Burger – free meal available
- iHop – free breakfast
- Fogo de Chao – their discount will get you 40% off your meal, plus 10% off guests meals
- Texas Road House – free meal from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- TGI Fridays – free lunch up to $12, and a $5 coupon for the next time
- Subway – free 6 inches all-day
- The Chop House – 50% off your meal
- Outback – free Bloomin’ Onion and non-alcoholic beverage. Plus, 20% off check Nov 12-Dec31
- BJs – free entree up to $14.95 and dr pepper
- Manhattan bagel company – free bagel and cream cheese
Other restaurants who have everyday benefits:
- Dunkin Donuts
- Firebirds Wood Fire Grill
- Menchie’s Frozen Yoghurt
Retailers who offer everyday discounts for Veterans:
- Bjs wholesale – 30% off standard membership fees
- Publix- 10% off purchases
- Great clips – free haircut or card to use at a later date
- Sports clips – free haircut
- Smart Style – 10% off discount any service or professional products
- American Family care – free flu shot. Free flu shots are always available with the VA healthcare through Walgreens
- True rest float spa – 60-minute float session
- Home depot – 10% off your purchase
- Walgreens – 20% off your purchase
- Rack room shoes – 10% off your purchase
- Dollar general – 11% off your purchase
- Lowes – 10% off every day
- Columbia has an everyday discount, ask your store for details
- Kohl’s 15% off everyday discount
- LL Bean everyday 10% off
- NBA and NFL store have a daily 10% discount
- Nike 10% every day
- Old Navy 10% every Monday
- Apple products 10% every day
- Best Buy 10% discount dependant on location
- Microsoft 10% discount on products and Microsoft 365
- Samsung discounts for electronic products with verification
- Tutor.com gives free online tutoring
- Free car washes with Grace for Vets to see the registered car washes, check it out here.
Our mission here at VA Claims Insider is to help you in every aspect possible. Whether that’s through the suicide program launched, our live event meetup, or working with you on a coaching basis, we are here to give you the tools for success. Reach out to us, and let’s chat about what we can do for you!